Today I was able to fix the problem, it was a simple error that I overlooked involving me typing the incorrect function type into the code.
The "func _fixed_process(delta):" was lacking _fixed which I overlooked when originally typing the code. The cannon balls now fire and are projected as intended. The new function on the bottom is added through the visibility notifier node I added to the cannon ball node in order to destroy the excess cannon balls that go off screen so they aren't clogging p the hierarchy. Today I also created a tile through a texture that was given to me in the assets folder. Through this i made a 32x32 tile and was also able to create a tile map on the control scene which I find really cool about 2D in this engine. It allows me to paint the tiles I've saved onto the scene instead of filling up the scene with nodes.
This is the current state of the project, I will continue with the tutorial next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment